Senior Technical Account Manager – Prague (Cyber Security)
Our Client is an innovative provider of cutting-edge Security solutions, which change the way organizations manage their cloud and data centers’ cyber security. The Company is seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) to work as the ‘front tech man’ at a strategic customer’s site in Prague, one of the leading Czech brands. The TAM is the expert who is familiar with the customer’s Data Center and network environments, and also with the deployment of the Company’s solutions. The work of the TAM will influence the Client’s business across the nation and beyond, by leading the deployment and by monitoring and operation of the large-scale distributed application.
If you are a highly motivated senior technical expert with a great social repertoire, If you can lead a large deployment process, if you’re able to communicate at different levels and have a deep understanding of technology to troubleshoot but also to find deeply rooted problems in complex systems – join the team!
As a Technical Account Manager, you should be aware of the intricate details of the environments of the customer you serve, and be able to define and voice the requirements of the customer and feed them back into Product Management.
The TAM will be located at the customer’s HQ in Prague. It is expected that you will spend at least 4/5 of your time at the customer’s offices.
- Be the main focal point for all related issues from the customer perspective
- Be the main technical resource in front of the customer
- Aggregate support issues and work them out with the Company’s technical teams and the customer
- Assist with deployments, expansions, transitions etc. of the platform
- Raise product related issues that should be looked at by the Product team
- Facilitate quarterly business review with the R&D and support either on site or via WebEx
- The Technical Account Manager will provide continuous updates and system reviews by updating the customer in the form of weekly updates, monthly case summary reports and QBR
- Provide Best practice guidance by recommending which policies to apply and which features to configure and use
- Provide product lifecycle and patch management by educating the customer’s team about new features and enhancements and create an appropriate upgrade plan. The Technical Account Manager will also help to educated choices on when to apply the latest patches based on how the system is deployed
- Performance monitoring and check-ins: Performing weekly checks to determine how well the systems are running and what improvements can be made via configuration changes or tuning. Scheduled archiving, purging and reporting jobs are checked regularly to ensure that they are not failing
- Help asses security incidents during business hours when asked by the customer (note: the Technical Account Manager is NOT providing 24×7 SOC analysis services but rather can help on best effort basis)
- Active deployment, upgrades, configuration & customization, including provisioning of additional sensors in the customer environment – to continuously adapt the platform to changes in the customer’s environment
To be successful in the strategic role, you should be easy to adapt and keen to learn new things in a high paced environment, but also know when to ask for help. You should have very strong communication skills, ability to maneuver in a complex organizational setting and be able to push forward and manage projects.
You also need to have:
- Hands on experience with advanced Linux administration
- A thorough understanding of network protocols and basic troubleshooting on network devices, OSs, overlay networking experience is a major plus.
- Automation with Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible, multiple is advantage
- Scripting fluent in at least one language, preferably Python.
- Experience with API integration.
- Experience with managing, monitoring and troubleshooting complex distributed applications is a big plus
- Understanding of VMWare networking and V! Sphere is a plus.
We are looking for a HANDS-ON tech wizard – can write, script, do stuff with a keyboard – theory AND practice…!!!