Lab Operations Manager (NY)
Our Client is creating a platform to power novel scientific insights through characterizing and measuring the immune system. The Company is building the world’s largest multi-omic immune database by combining cutting-edge single cell sequencing technologies with advanced machine learning methods. The platform will bring value to the biopharma industry and academic researchers by guiding critical decisions in drug discovery and clinical trial design.
The Company has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions, in order to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases.
The mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge. The Company developed the tools and knowhow to help every immuno-oncology and cell therapy researcher excel at their job. This helps increase the speed in which drugs are developed and brought to market by elucidating their mechanisms of action and resistance.
Location – New York, NY, USA
Reports to – Biorepository Lead
- Biorepository Scaling – Works collaboratively to plan laboratory space expansion, scale and optimize workflows, and to develop strategies for maintaining quality, high-throughput processing, provides customer support for biorepository <-> client interfacing, helps to build data-driven management approach that facilitates growth and optimizes for efficiency and visibility.
- Biospecimen Management – Performs accounting of received, stored, and distributed biospecimens using our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Ensures organized biospecimen storage and seamless sample preparation for downstream experiments.
- Laboratory Operations – Provides facilities and equipment support, liaises with landlord facility operations teams, facilitates asset and lifecycle management, triages and troubleshoots facility or equipment issues, gathers technical info for feedback on contracts and equipment, anticipates and recommends action on threats to production throughput or continuity, mines data and assists in creating operational reporting dashboards.
- Laboratory Information Management System – Works collaboratively to scale LIMS and implement as an end-to-end solution.
- Supply Management – Ensures adequate stocks of necessary supplies and procures new stocks as necessary to ensure work continuity. Maintains awareness of new product offerings for continued optimization of workflows.
- Sample Collection Kit Preparation – Liaises with sample collection sites to ensure adequate and timely provisioning of collection supplies. Executes supply assembly, labeling, quality control, and distribution of sample collection kits.
- Standard Operating Procedures – Creating, editing, and maintaining Immunai SOPs and other guidance documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Established, proven knowledge of good laboratory practice techniques, general safety controls and equipment procedures, universal precautions in biospecimen handling and blood-borne pathogen training
- The candidate will need to provide a record of Hepatitis B immunization or sign a waiver declining immunization
- Prior experience in biorepository or biobanking operations
- Experience in laboratory sample asset and inventory management using LIMS and other record systems
- Familiarity using cryogenic storage equipment
- Experience in liquid handling (pipetting) and reagent preparation
- Proficient in spreadsheets, customer communications, and troubleshooting
Required to live within 60 mins commute to lower Manhattan.
- Prior experience working in a biotech startup environment
- Experience in R, Tableau, Benchling, Google Cloud Platform, Remote Freezer Management Systems & Asana (or similar)