Research Study Director (Biotech) – Graz, Austria
Our Client is a pioneering global biotech company, featuring a unique Cell & Gene Therapy Biotech Platform. The company is focused on unlocking the power of cell and gene therapies with this platform to provide life changing treatments at the Point of Care (POCare), to large numbers of patients at drastically reduced costs. The Platform consists of a pipeline of POCare Therapeutics, a suite of hand-selected and customized POCare Technologies for closed processing, and a collaborative, global POCare Network of leading companies, research institutes and hospitals. Working with this Platform, the Company leverages cutting edge science to create a more efficient, scalable, and affordable pathway to patients.
- Design, manage and supervise the execution of the Research plans for development of novel cell-derived therapies for Chronic Kidney Disease
- Hire, lead and motivate a group of Research Associates in complex development projects and sub-projects in the area of therapeutic EVs
- Independently design experiments to evaluate exosome function in kidney disease models.
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge in the area of exosome research.
- Facilitate communication between internal, external, and third-party teams
- Results-driven project management and planning
- Ensure project quality throughout all stages
- PhD Degree Immunology/Chemistry/Nanotechnology/Biochemistry, or similar field
- Experience in Extracellular Vesicles and/or Liposomal formulations is an advantage
- Several years of experience in project management, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotech or medical environment
- Experience with exosomes and therapeutics is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team, experience in managing interdisciplinary teams
- Goal-oriented and flexible
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English is a plus